VISA® Debit Cards
The Great State Bank VISA® Debit Card is a more convenient and fast way to buy the products and services you need. You can access your Great State Bank accounts worldwide by making cash withdrawals through ATMs and conducting point of sale transactions with merchants that accept VISA® Cards. Funds will be directly debited to your checking account without need to write a check and, if you are a Great State Bank online banking customer, you can view the transaction shortly after it occurs.
Our Customer Service Representatives can process your request for a Debit Card with a short application.
Types of Transactions: You may use the card and PIN issued to you to pay for purchases from merchants who have agreed to accept the card at Point of Sale (POS) terminals within the networks identified on your card. Point of Sale (POS) transactions will be deducted from your primary account. Point of Sale (POS) transactions involving a refund will be credited to your primary account. You may also use the card to pay for purchases from merchants that accept the POS debit card with a VISA® symbol. You may use the Great State Bank VISA® Debit Card and Personal Identification Number (PIN) issued to you to initiate transactions at ATMs of ours and other ATMs within the networks identified on your card. Unless you specify a different account during Automated Teller Machine (ATM) transactions, your primary account will be used for your transactions. At present, you may use your card to (some of these services may not be available at all ATM’s):
- Withdraw cash from your checking account.
- Withdraw cash from your savings account
- Transfer funds between your checking and savings accounts.
- Obtain balance information on your deposit accounts.
- Make purchases from merchants that accept VISA® Debit Cards using the money available in your checking account – even for Internet and phone purchases.
- You may withdraw up to a maximum of $500.00 in cash per day (if there are sufficient funds in your account).
- You may purchase up to a maximum of $2000.00 worth of goods and services per day, including retail purchases where you utilize your PIN and point of sale transactions, exclusive of ATM withdrawals.
- For security purposes, there are limits on the frequency and amount of transfers you may make using ATMs.
Limits on Transfer Frequency:
For security reasons and to enforce federal regulations, there are certain limits on the number of transfers you can make. For example:
- Each of your Savings accounts is limited by federal regulations to six (6) telephone and/or preauthorized transfers per month. If this is exceeded, we reserve the right to charge your account and/or change your account to a transaction account that will allow an unlimited number of transfers (see fee schedule).
- Each of your Money Market accounts is limited by federal regulations to six (6) checks, telephone and/or preauthorized transfers per month (see fee schedule).
- In-person withdrawals and ATM transactions are not limited by federal regulations.